Hello from Munich, the seat of old Bavaria! I would say that it is awesome, but as our British tour guide in Berlin told us, 'Awesome is a word North Americans use to describe anything that is slightly better than neutral.' Munich is far better than neutral, so perhaps I should find a more suitable modifier. Wonderful? Lovely? I'm as North American as they come so I think I'll stick with awesome for the time being.
When people think of Germany, they don't know it but they are thinking of Munich. Cobbled streets lined with old churches, beer halls, and shops selling liederhosen. Slightly touristy? Perhaps. Enjoyable? Immensely. Especially after leaving Eastern Europe, we greatly appreciate all the conveniences of Western Europe. Things like train stations that aren't filled with pigeon crap and words we can actually kind of pronounce make us happy, so westward bound we are!
Tomorrow we leave for Zurich in order to find ourselves some Apls. I'm practicing my 'Ricola' cry on the way there.
3 comments:
Europe rocks the shit; thanks for depressing me by reminding me how I'm not there.
Thanks for the picture. Fart humor is timeless.
Have you had an opportunity to try the beer? Simply say "Entschuldigen Sie, ein bier bitte." and let the magic begin. It may be the best beer in the world. Really.
Post a Comment